Monday, August 4, 2008

Fwd bunktop taped

Last two days seemed to fly by. Great weather, but this means it gets warm in the tent (90+ deg F, easy). Call it my sauna weight loss program.

I made a mold plate for the fwd bunktop, out of scrap wood:

Here it is installed with all of the the taping done:

You can also see from the above picture that I've got my anchor well hatch cut out. Really makes things easier when you can stick stuff thru that hole.

Here's the fresh flanges\tape after the mold plate was removed:

The fwd bunktop glued and clamped in place:

The anchor well hatch makes it easy to setup for taping:

All taped and peelplyed:

Finally, I got up early this morning so I could laminate the lower port hull half. Tried to do it myself, but I haven't figured out a good way to manage the roll of glass as I'm working my way down the hull. Fortunately my daughter was home and helped my out - thx Cindy!

Almost done:

I plan to wait to laminate the bow until after I have the hull upright.

View from aft (glass is kinda moving up and down due to my difficulties in managing it, until I got my daughter to help):

Best of all, no bubbles! On the downside, I had planned to peelply the glass but it was warm enough that we just didn't have time.

No comments: