Using a template to mark access holes for the storage compartments:
Mold plate for the settee back taping:
In hind sight, I think the taping could have been done from above, through the access hole covers, especially if the window cutouts were already done. It turned out okay though:
After the taping was done, I spent a lot of time cleaning up the insides of the compartments, plus digging the foam out of the access hole edges and filling it. I also trimmed the jagged tape edges with my Multimaster tool; forgot to take a picture of the end result, but trust me it looked great :). Here's all of the trimmings though:
In the picture above you can also see my coaming compartment access hole - I filled the edges on those holes too this weekend. In fact I spent a LOT of time digging out edges this weekend. Here's the settee tops getting done:
The idea with the settee compartments is that they are accessible via lift-out access covers, but the space on top forms a storage "tray" itself for casual items, bags, etc. I also filled the edges on all of the access covers:
I thought for a long time about extra amenities like a sink, stove, etc, and how and where those might fit into the cabin. In the end though, I'm trying to keep it simple - we can always bring along some water jugs and a camp stove. I don't see us going on anything longer than a 2-3 day trip anyway. And oh yes, keeping it simple means I might actually finish the boat one of these years....