Monday, August 1, 2016

Minor updates

Poptop inside is painted, and the slide tracks are mounted:
 
 
The white things are the acetal pieces that the front of the poptop slides on.   I like working with acetal - it feels awesome and is easy to work with.
 
Anchor door is painted (bottom too), and hinges are mounted:
 
 
Each screw hole (door and poptop) was drilled overside, filled with high-density bog, and left to cure.    Then I re-drilled screw holes of the right size and coated the screws in epoxy before finally mounting the hardware for good.   It is supposed to be stronger this way, which may be important considering (for example) wind loads under the poptop while trailering.
 
I had briefly considered using my tent frames to hoist my boat, but decided not to given the boat is much heavier now than before.   Instead I built an ad-hoc wooden gantry\frame:
 
 
No real science in designing this, just gut feel, but it feels solid in all directions and I've already been able to raise the entire boat out of the cradles using the chain hoists.

No comments: