Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Fairing started

I really wanted to start fairing on the bottom of the boat, but am reluctant to turn it upside-down while top-side projects are still uncompleted (eg: motor mount, mast support holders, traveller supports).   So I have started fairing (yay! not!), first on the cabin-sides:


For the picture above I was using one of the West System plastic notched trowels...it works ok at first but then the sharp points of the notches get worn down to nubs, causing the depth of the ridges to get less and less.   Despite that I am pleased overall with how the cabin-sides are faring (punny) and have also moved on to the main cabin top (this time with a home-made trowel):


I'm not going to spend a lot of time describing the fairing process....except perhaps at major milestones. 

No comments: