Monday, July 30, 2012

Boat tent lives again

My faithful boat tent has been in hibernation since we moved.    I had always planned on resurrecting it once it was time to paint the boat; unfortunately, initial fairing on the cabin sides has convinced me that fairing the whole boat would destroy our nice garage with dust and whatnot (not to mention primer spraying).   So I decided it was time to set it up again:


If you look closely at the picture above, you can see where I brought in several yards of new gravel (from Cadman) to level out that part of the "driveway".    I don't think it was perfectly level, but good enough.   Then I started setting up the tent again - overall it turned out great, no loss of parts from the move and I got it up with about a day's worth of work.    Here's a view from inside the garage:


My son helped me maneuver the boat out of the garage and into the tent;  here it is starting to emerge:


Here's a sight not often seen in the middle of a Pacific NW forest:


Another view:


I laid down some cheap OSB boards to make a "floor" in the tent; here's the boat after it was inside:


In other news, my outboard motor mount did not work out so well - not enough room for the motor to pivot all the way up.    So much for measure twice, epoxy once.  Now I get to saw it off and start over.    Will post some pictures on that fairly soon.

No comments: