I am having to work with two layers of carbon for each per-plan layer, since I could not find the correct weight. The lighter layer is only 4oz and I found this difficult to work with after it is wet-out; keeps wanting to twist on itself which is difficult to un-do with epoxied gloves.
After wet-out, the carbon forms quite a stack but it looks we judged the rebate depth just about right:
Originally I was planning to laminate and bag both sides at once, but I was using fast hardener and changed my mind and bagged it after the picture above. Tomorrow morning I'll bag the carbon for the other side.
I also spent time today working on the hull. I cut down both the deck and keel form frames, and removed all of the battens down to about a foot below the center line. I will admit there was some daydreaming going on today; staring at the emerging hull shape is pretty fun. I also did some preliminary foam fairing and so far it looks pretty good:
Last thing for the day was grinding out the bubbles on the deck stringer and then relaminating it. Man I hate having to do stuff over.