Friday, July 22, 2016

More interior painting, part 2

Interior is just about entirely painted out now:
 
 
Settee seats and backs turned out really nice though IMO.
 
I painted a non-skid area on the cabin floor using the sprinkle technique with Alexseal's non-skid additives (with a 50\50 mix of fine and coarse).  This is after the first coat, with the sprinkled non-skid added:
 
 
Hopefully I didn't over-do the sprinkles, hard to know for sure this is the first time I've ever done it.  Easy enough to fix if I screwed it up though.
 
I chose a navy-blue color for painting specific interior areas as a contrast to the main grey color.  It is a pretty blue:
 
 
I started painting the cockpit seats, also with non-skid:
 
 
I am working on the anchor locker door.  Before I commit to priming and painting the door, I want to positively locate the hinge screw holes and do a dry-fit on the boat:
 
 
All of this interior painting takes a long time - sanding, priming (two coats), painting (at least two coats), etc.   Pretty soon here I will be done, then moving on to fitting the boat to the trailer.

No comments: