Sunday, January 13, 2008

Back to boat building

It took me longer than expected to get back to work on the boat. Was sick longer than expected, work was/is busy, the weather was cold and rainy, and we're doing a bathroom remodel. Last but not least -- I'll be honest -- it felt good to take a decent holiday break with the family.

Anyway, we had some decent weather today so I got a little bit of work done:


Felt good to be mixing epoxy again.

I was able to do some successful test squirms through the passageway under the cockpit, but wasn't convinced I could do it "for real" without accidentally kicking the bulkhead, or disturbing the tapes. So I only taped the front side, as seen above. After the front cures, that should help lock the bulkhead into place.

I hope everyone had a good holiday. It's been fun being the F22 spectator for a change. Menno, all I can say is: wow! Grant, nice job on the daggerboard - you've made it look easy and got me rethinking my choice of cedar.

4 comments:

GK said...

Glad to have you back Jay, I was starting to get worried.
Grant

Menno said...

Jay,
I'm glad you're building again. Looking forward to you new posts.
Menno

Anonymous said...

Jay - Breaks are healthy, but glad to see you back at it. I was going into withdrawals without any posts! I'll email about visiting soon. Placing battens on my float forms. Andrew.

M.V. Tropical Horizons said...

Just got finished reading your entire bit on building your boat. I'm looking at investing in the F-22 plans as well. So hello and great work on your boat.