Sunday, December 9, 2007

Progress halted

Unfortunately I have made zero progress these past two weeks on the boat. Had to put in bunch of extra time at work, and this weekend I've been knocked pretty low by a bad cold\flu bug. Even if I was feeling better, it's snowing right now, here in good old Bothell, WA, even as I type this:

Okay, I know this is nothing compared to what you folks in Scandinavia (or even Canada) get but we're not used to the white stuff around these parts. I told my wife this morning that if and when I ever build another boat, it will have to be in a heated indoor shop...

4 comments:

biol said...

I wish you feel better soon, Jay.
I'm sure you'll find smaller indoor jobs to keep you busy with the F-22.

December 22 the sun turns the corner and we start going toward summer again, so be patient ;-)

Ed said...

I can relate completely - have managed to make some of the main hull bulkheads over the past month (!) - but I also had a flu type bug last week that I'm finally over, but have to put in extra hours at work including going out of town over the weekend...

Maybe I'll get to start planking a main hull for Christmas?

Hope you feel better and get that hull upright soon!

Jay said...

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Jay

Grant Kinsman said...

Hey Jay,
Hope your feeling better. I have to admit that I was wondering if you were getting some weather, I have friends on Vancouver island. Lots of wind lately.

My beam mounts will be shipping next week. I'm sure I will be studying your reports carefully soon. Lets all have a happy productive boat building break over Christmas.
Cheers,
Grant