Thursday, November 22, 2007

Starboard aft beam bulkhead taped

My wife is just sooooo nice to me -- despite today being Thanksgiving holiday, she let me go ahead and do some boat work today. Just too cold outside to do much (woke up to 27 deg F/~-3 deg C this morning), but I did get the aft beam bulkhead taped:

That bright spot is a flashlight shining through from underneath, in case you're wondering. I used it to help locate the edge of the form frame.

After the beam bulkhead was taped, I did some more work on the new bow web (see previous post).

For fun, I dug up a picture to show what I was working on last year, on Thanksgiving 2006. Turns out that I layed my very first pieces of float foam that very day:

Looking at that picture, I'm struck by three things: first, how far I've come in one year; second, how much cleaner my tent was back then; and third, how much more room I had when doing the floats. :)

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there. Time for some turkey dinner and pecan pie, yum!

No comments: