Saturday, January 17, 2009

Beams, weather, distractions

Weather's been unseasonally cold for most of the Seattle area this year, and I haven't been able to summon the willpower to work outside in my boat tent in 30-40 degree weather. So, no major updates, folks.

Yes, I did get my beams out of "jail". Ian does a nice job of packing them:

I even have my very own customs inspection sticker:


I'm scheduled for a small surgery (tonsillectomy) in a couple of weeks. By the time I recover, we should be in mid-February and I'm expecting the weather to warm up enough by then that I can start making some progress again. Yeah, I know - excuses, excuses.

One of these days I need to post a picture of my floats...this is their second winter sitting outside, and while structurally they're fine, they look quite forlorn: dirty, surrounded by tall grass, huge weeds growing between the floats, etc. The paint is holding up well, sometimes I'll wash off a small section just to see the shine come back. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jay,

Your dad and I are looking at your web site. I finally have high speed internet so he has the patience to look at your web site. How are you feeling after your tonsillectomy? Can you still eat oreo cookies?
Love, Dad

Jay said...

Hi Dad,

The first ten days or so were really unpleasant - living on ice water, jello, warm soup, etc, is not exactly fun. Waking up in the mornings after the throat scabs dried out was even worse. Thank goodness for pain meds. After the tenth day though, I rapidly started feeling better. Even went to work this past Thursday\Friday.

And yes, I can still eat Oreos now - thanks for asking :).

love,
Jay